"Well happiness and joy and bliss, how it all disappeared so quick. So here’s to life and here’s to love. I’ve said it before, that I fade with the setting sun."
Future reference 👍
Today is a proud day for those at PropertyOfZack. Our Showcase feature has now been running for years, and while we think it’s phenomenal on its own, we wanted to bring select bands together from it for a special cause. With Hope For The Day, a non-profit movement…
|—||4:54 P.M. (via bokangavemeabeauner)|
Mendeley is the greatest program ever
I want to weep with joy every time I use it
Just click a button when you pull up an article and it will automatically save it to your library
And cite it for you
And you can use it on your mobile devices
And it’s free
Just download it and you won’t have so many urges to kill everyone in sight while writing a research paper
Thank you so much!
MAKING MUSIC IS ABOUT WORKING WITHIN YOUR LIMITATIONS!! All u really need is the bare minimum, which is maybe a decently capable computer and 1 instrument. REALLY you dont even need an instrument, as most music software has musical typing where u can just use the computer keys to play notes in real time. I’ve made multiple songs (including Horror Movie) just using that !!! You can also program it as well. Do not use your setup as a reason to be held back, rather as a way to strengthen your creativity. The less technical freedom you have, the more interesting and unique approaches you will take to recording your music. It will also cause your recordings to be more authentic and natural to you!! There are no guidelines!!! Imperfection in music is an extremely great thing in my opinion. Let a small hum from your room or cars or paranormal noises in ur house, stay in the recording. Capture your environment into the song. Some of my favorite musicians have recorded literal masterpiece albums/songs with just a macbook built in mic and garageband!! Let your recordings sound clumsy and off time, to an extent. You will improve and get a more proficient idea of recording + mixing the more you do it, but you also most likely wont get to that point until you begin with what you have. The fact that you have a guitar is super cool ! Start messing around and trying to find chord progressions or riffs that you like. Simple is ok !!! Personally I have a much easier time writing the instrumentation, or at least having a skeleton of it before adding any lyrics. That said, do whatever works for you. Do not doubt yourself !!! Just make something. That’s the #1 most important thing. It is SO easy to doubt yourself and think you cannot make music, especially just starting out, and that causes so many genius ppl to waste their creativity. There is no standard you have to uphold. You probably won’t like your voice if you sing, but almost nobody does. Just go with it and you will probably start being more comfortable with it eventually. I held myself back by not thinking I was capable of making music alone for years, HOWEVER, once I actually got past the initial ideas and difficult parts of beginning a song, it seemed so much less intimidating. TRY. That is all u can do. I am not a good singer or a skillful musician by any means!!! Yet it doesnt matter !!! You do not have to be. Get some batteries or an adapter for your keyboard !! Go to goodwill and look for old keyboards there as well. Maybe get a cheap cassette player and record onto that. Use household items as percussion!! I’ve been using this rando online drum machine that I found and it rules. It sounds almost generic and corny but in a cool way to me. Put your own personal preferences first. Listen to alot of different music and dont be afraid to be heavily influenced. Combine all of ur influences and add ur own personal touch. Make music that you would want to hear !!! I find it also helps to picture an environment or an object or a color scheme that you want a song to sound like, and work with that. Think about a bar of soap and how u would create that in musical form. Watch movies on silent and try to create the soundtrack for them. There are literally endless methods and you just have to find what works for you. Just like everything in life !!! U will do great. Just force yourself to start noooowww despite your equipment or musical background. Do whateva u can. I believe in you good luck thx for asking regards god bless
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
- Curl Your Hair
- Get A Six Pack In Minutes
- Get Perfect Skin
- Take The Perfect Profile Picture
- Avoid Talking To Creeps
- Put On Beautiful Blush
- Make Him Fall In Love
- Look Busy At Work
- Boost Your Self-Esteem
- Make Money In Vegas
- Flirt Via Text Message
- Perfect Smoky Eye Makeup
- Survive Your Late 20s
- Get Whiter Teeth
- Scientifically Bake The Perfect Pie
- College Life: 12 Facts to Know
- Student Survival Guide
- Things I Wish I Knew Before Going to College
- Best College Life Hacks
- Survival Tips for High School Seniors
- Top Universities To Get Rich
- Tips for Picking the Perfect College
- Never Order These Fast Food Items
- The Best 7-Minute Workout
- The Secrets to Never Getting Sick
- 15 Exercises for Flat Abs that Work
- Don’t Eat These if You Want to Lose Weight
- Brilliantly Easy Makeup Tips You Never Knew About
- Awesome Eyeliner Tricks
- Look At This Crazy Eye Makeup Right Now
- Must-Have Makeup Tips
- Make-up Inspiration from Paris Hilton
- Makeup hacks from Lauren Conrad’s The Beauty Department
- Must-Know Makeup Tips and Hacks
- How to Look Busy at Work
- 15 Hottest Work At Home Jobs
- How to Get Out of Work Like a Pro
- 12 Best-Paying Careers for Women
- How to Make Work Go By Faster!
- Unique, High Paying Jobs You Don’t Need a Degree For!
- How to Land a Job with Social Media
- 15 Life Hacks You Can Actually Use
- DIY Household Ideas to Make Life Easier
- Super-Easy DIY Beauty Tricks
- DIY Ideas For The Best Summer Ever
- DIY Beauty: 30 Things You Can Make at Home
- Simple and Cool DIY Projects
- Amazing DIY Nail Art Designs
- Fancy eyeshadow tutorials
- Stunning eye makeup tutorials
- Insanely good eye makeup art
- Choosing the right eyebrow color
- Awesome eyeliner tricks
- How to draw on the perfect eyebrows
- 30 makeup tips you need to know
- Huge collection of makeup tips
- Should you switch to organic makeup?
- Must-have makeup finds
- Graduation makeup ideas
- How to get the same beauty product cheaper
- How to get healthier and glowing skin
- Must-have spring beauty products
- Stylish yet simple hairstyle tutorials
- Fabulous nail art designs
- Make your own makeup remover wipes
- Remove nail polish in 5 minutes
- Amazing makeup transformations
- Woman makes herself into a Disney princess
- I hope you don’t wear your makeup like this
- How to re-invent your look with makeup
- Get perfect pouty lips
reblogging so i never lose this. ever
punk goes acoustic // a playlist by panicfever
some of the top hits from the biggest pop punk artists out there, acoustic version.01. sugar we’re goin down // fall out boy 02. this is gospel // panic! at the disco 03. misery business // paramore 04. the middle // jimmy eat world 05. kids from yesterday // my chemical romance 06. move along // all american rejects 07. time of your life // green day 08. feeling this // blink 182 09. dear maria, count me in // all time low 10. i write sins not tragedies // panic! at the disco 11. be my escape // relient k 12. 1985 // bowling for soup 13. my songs know what you did in the dark // fall out boy 14. decode // paramore 15. about a girl // the academy is… 16. sing // my chemical romance 17. backseat serenade // all time low 18. the anthem // good charlotte