Last summer, I researched a couple things and they made my life better. Why not share it?
Feel free to add to this list, I’m sure there are those who are an expert at this stuff.
Emergency pimple that you need to get rid of ASAP
1) Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. It’s recommended that you dilute your apple cider vinegar if your skin is sensitive.
2) Hold the soaked cotton ball onto pimples GENTLY (don’t press hard) for at least 5 minutes!
3) Dab apple cider vinegar on your pimples through out the day.
4) Let the apple cider dry.
Results: By nighttime or the next day, your pimple should shrink or disappear provided you persistently dabbed it repeatedly
Don’t do this often, it can aggravate your skin*
There are many you can do. Here are 10 of them.
For longer, thicker eyelashes
Apply vaseline on your eyelashes before you sleep. You can also use a clean mascara brush and dip it in some almond, olive or coconut oil and apply it on your eyelashes.
To get rid of dark elbows and knees
Use a lemon and squeeze it until you get the juice out. Use cotton balls to soak them in the lemon juice and then apply all over your knees and elbows. Leave them it on for a couple minures, then using a warm washcloth scrub it off.
For baby smooth skin
Use 2 teaspoons of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of milk and honey, 3 teaspoons of flour and mix all together and apply on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off.
For lighter skin
Wanna get rid of that summer tan ? Squeeze lemon juice again but remember to dilute it. Never put direct lemon juice onto your face. Mix this with some sugar. Use it as a scrub. Leave it on your face for no more than 5 minutes. The same can be done for your body.
For silky hair
Apply olive oil/coconut oil to your hair. Make sure you get it deep into those roots. Leave on for 30 minutes up to 1 hour and wash it off with shampoo and conditioner
For whiter teeth
Sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush using gentle, circular motions. I’d watch out if you had gum sensitivity though. Old wives’ recipes often state that a paste of baking powder, a little salt, and a few drops of white vinegar, works effectively.
For cleaner nails
Just scrub your nails with a loofah and use a toothpick to take out dirt.
Mix tapes are awesome gifts for friends, for your boyfriend/girlfriend, your parents or anyone really! You spend time making mixes and it’s really cute the thought of someone taking the time to make you one. But making mixes can be a little hard sometimes so i’ll leave you here some tips!
- the first song has to be a song you are like 110% sure they are going to like, so they don’t kinda hate the mix from the beginning (don’t use the best song here tho)
- a song they can relate to that is both emotional and motivational they while for sure be smiling like crazy while listening to this
- now a song you think they’ve already heard but it’s like still unknown for them
- something too loud or too slow for their taste but they will surely like it
- now use a song from the opening (or just any song) of a movie they really like
- now choose a song that reminds you of them and it reminds them of you
- now using a really good acoustic cover of a song they don’t really like (make sure the cover is really really good)
- an old song form the 60’s-80’s that will make them want to dance
- now a quiet folk song or any other calm song to slow and calm things down
- pretty instrumental piece or a melancholic rock song
- this could be an extra song, this one is really up to you add whatever you feel like adding in here, maybe a special song, maybe this could be the best song
some other tips:
- NEVER start with a really fast/crazy song and never use your best song at the beginning, give them a reason to listen to all the tape by not putting the best song at the beginning
- consider a theme, or maybe not exactly a theme but don’t start doing crazy stuff like mixing the soundtrack of the lion king next to a song of fall out boy
- if you are making a mixtape try not to fill ALL the mixtape with all those cheesy love songs, like yes put some but don’t make the whole mixtape like that, well unless the other person is into that
- try to make the songs flow like don’t put a really fast song and then a super slow one
- make sure to make a list of the songs in the mix so they don’t have to look them up
- spend a lot of time on the cover, make it pretty and special, also work on the title don’t just put something like “mixtape 1”
- have fun making it! it’s amazing to make a mixtape and imagine how the person is going to feel while listening to it
That’s it, hope you enjoy and found this very helpful to make the perfect mixtape.
- Karen (i think i need to work out on how to end my articles) xx
I can’t smoke cigarettes out on my back porch anymore because of the time you told me you’d never kiss a girl who tasted of smoke and oh how I wanted your lips on mine so bad I tossed them out and never looked back.
I can’t go to that bar down on 22nd street anymore because in that shitty bathroom in the back where you shoved me against the wall and told me you never wanted another guy to touch me because I was yours and yours only.
I can’t drink anymore because the only thing I can think of when the burning sensation tickles the back of my throat after I throw back a couple of beers is the night you asked me to marry you and gave me a sloppy, drunken kiss but I didn’t care I was fucking in love with you.
And I can’t drive anymore either because all I rememeber when I’m behind the wheel is your head hitting the windshield as the chorus of forever young drifted from your speakers
Jack Barakat + Boner shirt
i wanna be haunted
i wanna be loved
i want a lot of friends and
a lot of drugs
i wanna be haunted
i won’t leave my bed
i won’t go crazy and
i won’t get sad
so haunt me haunt me haunt me
because 5 letters
in the 26 i’ve come to know
are in your name
i can’t stop
i don’t want help
i don’t know how to pick myself out of bed in the morning.
I’m afraid to just forget
even though you’re long gone
I can’t stop crying
I dont’ even know what I’m doing
I keep writing the same things over and over again
I can’t say sorry enough times
I thought leaving you alone was the best thing
I know you’re going to find someone else and I can’t handle that
I can’t handle thinking of you holding her or kissing her
I can’t fathom you telling her sweet things
when you should be telling them to me
and I know I sound selfish
but I want you back so bad
December 28 2:15 A.M
I don’t know why i’m writing this
I can’t even get the words to rhyme
I just needed to get it off my chest
and I can’t go to you
you always gave the best advice
and now I don’t know what to do
I feel so lost and hopeless
but i know this is the best thing for us